Hey friends! I’m back with an amazing new podcast episode where I dive into the big question I get all the time: am I getting enough protein on a high raw vegan diet?
I remember when I first went vegan, everyone suddenly became a nutritionist asking me about protein. It can be so frustrating when people question your diet, especially when you feel incredible!
That’s why I was excited to share my personal protein journey on the latest podcast episode. As a Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach and raw food enthusiast, I’ve tweaked my diet over the past 12 months to build more muscle and optimize my health.
And don’t worry, I spill all the plant-based protein secrets. Here are some key takeaways from my experience:
– I used to undervalue leafy greens for protein until realizing they’re a game changer for muscle building. Can’t wait to learn more from Dr. Greger’s book!
– You absolutely can get complete proteins from plants only, despite the myth that you need animal products. I’m living proof!
– Most people only need around 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight daily, not nearly as much as many think!
– Your specific protein needs vary based on age, activity level, health goals, and other factors. It’s unique for each person!
– I get my protein from leafy greens, nuts, seeds, and sprouts after cutting back on beans and starches. My body responded well!
I share my own in-body scan results over 10 weeks, along with the diet and exercise changes I made. It’s real and inspiring to see the progress.
I try to bring a warm, down-to-earth approach to plant-based health and the high raw vegan lifestyle. I keep it real about the ups and downs of this journey.
If you’ve ever felt unsure about protein on a high raw vegan diet, I hope this podcast gives you clarity and motivation. Have a listen and let me know your thoughts!
Wishing you a nourished week ahead. Talk soon!