- 7 Common Misconceptions About Juicing
- Bananas – I eat a lot of bananas, mostly for energy and sustenance. I do not like to feel hungry and bananas fill me up. They are not just filler food though. They pack a ton of nutrition. See the benefits here and 25 reasons to love bananas.
- Durian – Awesome filling tasty fruit. It is sweet and savory at the same time. We can only get the frozen durian here in Chicago since it is native to Southeast Asia. You just let it sit out for at least 24 hours to fully thaw out. It may smell like it is going bad. Don’t be alarmed. That is the natural aroma of the durian. Disregard the smell because the taste is nothing like the smell and the health benefits are a mile long.
- Forks Over Knives – This is a must watch documentary. It shows how and why a plant-based diet reverses a list of so called “incurable diseases”.
- Great video on the 80/10/10 Raw Food Lifestyle and staying focused on eating healthy. Please watch. I love this video because this is the no judgement zone. The goal of this site is to reach your own personal health and weight loss goals. I want to encourage people to eat healthy but never feel guilty if you fall off the wagon. Do what feels right to you ALWAYS!
- Persimmons – I love persimmons. They are sweet and filling. Sad thing is they are not available year round in the Chi-town, so I make the most of my time with them when they are in season, which is during Autumn here in the Midwest. Check out their benefits here.
- Pomelo – Pomelos are a citrus fruit with really thick skin. Here is a list of its benefits .
- Spinach – Don’t take these greens for granted. They are highly nutritious. Just adding a handful to a smoothie or salad does wonders for the body. Check out this post on all its benefits.
- Ecolissa – Eco-friendly, vegan clothing and accessories using organic cotton, hemp, bamboo, and recycled materials
- Olsenhaus – no need to wear leather to stay up to date with the latest fashions. You can be animal friendly and a fashionista.
Sustainable home furnishings, clothing and accessories
For those of you interested in gaining muscle and bodybuilding, there are tons of examples of people doing that the vegan way. My favorites are Torre Washington and Koya Webb. So many to look to for inspiration. No need to worry about protein and not gaining muscle because you choose to not eat animals and dairy which lead to degenerative diseases.
Some people tell me that eating healthy is too expensive. I say what exactly are you spending your money on. If you value yourself and are wise with your finances, eating healthy is absolutely affordable for everyone. This book is a good starter book if you feel you need some improvement with managing your personal finances: On My Own Two Feet by Manisha Thakor
Wedding Gift Ideas
These books are guides for those who don’t want to be a statistic of divorce. Learning how to communicate and understand each other is vital to having a long, healthy, happy marriage.