Here are some helpful educational resources and communities for transitioning to a vegan diet:
- “How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger – evidence-based nutrition advice
- “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell – case for plant-based eating
- “Forks Over Knives”
- “Game Changers”
- “Seaspiracy” – on Netflix
- “What the Health” – on Netflix
- The Raw Food Health Empowerment Podcast
- Exam Room Live: Watch Going Raw Vegan: Tragic Loss Leads to New Life | Samantha Salmon
- Healthy Living in CT
- Dr Baxter’s YouTube Show
- Ecolissa – Eco-friendly, vegan clothing and accessories using organic cotton, hemp, bamboo, and recycled materials
- Olsenhaus – no need to wear leather to stay up to date with the latest fashions. You can be animal friendly and a fashionista.
Sustainable home furnishings, clothing and accessories
For those of you interested in gaining muscle and bodybuilding, there are tons of examples of people doing that the vegan way. My favorites are Torre Washington and Koya Webb. So many to look to for inspiration. No need to worry about protein and not gaining muscle because you choose to not eat animals and dairy which lead to degenerative diseases.
Some people tell me that eating healthy is too expensive. I say what exactly are you spending your money on. If you value yourself and are wise with your finances, eating healthy is absolutely affordable for everyone. This book is a good starter book if you feel you need some improvement with managing your personal finances: On My Own Two Feet by Manisha Thakor
Wedding Gift Ideas
These books are guides for those who don’t want to be a statistic of divorce. Learning how to communicate and understand each other is vital to having a long, healthy, happy marriage.