The best thing about eating 100% raw vegan for many folks is eating all day and losing weight. But, when you live in New York or Chicago in the Winter or you’re in the process of overcoming food addictions to processed food and artificial flavors and sugar, it can be difficult.
Here’s why you may be having difficulty and what you can do about it.
- It probably feels like deprivation so try the raw vegan versions of the foods you like. For example, raw vegan pizza and raw vegan burgers and sausages.
- You’re probably not busy enough so you’re only thinking about food. What you can do is take a walk outside in the sun, doing physical activity in the wellness room or play some music to distract you. You can dance, you can play a game, color, etc. Do anything else so you can to give space to allow your brain to register you’re not hungry.
- You’re probably not eating enough. When you’re full it’s hard to keep thinking about food.
- Your salads are boring. Make your salads exciting with different dressings. See these dressings you can try and make your own with spices you like. Stock up on raw food recipe books.
- Meals are boring. Try raw vegan restaurants in your city for inspiration, variety and excitement.
- You want something warm, so invest in a dehydrator.
- You’re having cravings. If you crave sweet, drink a smoothie or make a raw vegan dessert. If you crave something warm and sweet, put your dessert in the dehydrator to warm it. If you crave rice, make cauliflower rice and season it well.
- You’re lacking clear goals. Goals motivate you to keep going even when you want to quit.
- Grains will be hard because they’re addictive. Try fasting on water for 24 hours and commit to not having grains. Make sure to keep your why or your motivation for avoiding grains somewhere that you can see it frequently as a reminder to keep you on track.
Listen to the Full Episode:
🧘🏿 Schedule a free consultation
🍊 Boost your immune system with this free course
🥑 30 Day Raw Vegan Challenge
💞 Join the Facebook Group for support on your wellness journey
🧘🏿 It’s not just a school. It’s a movement. Learn more about IIN.
📖 My book, You Can Afford to Be Healthy
📧 E-mail me to submit a question and get featured on the Raw Food Health Empowerment Podcast
// HOST Samantha Salmon
Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach and Ambassador of Health and Happiness
// CO-HOST Dorrell Hylton Salmon
Mom, Wife, Hair Doctor, Beauty Parlor Counselor, and Prayer Warrior
The information provided in this broadcast is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration, or the equivalent in your country. Any products/services mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
RawFoodMealPlanner.com © 2020