Is it because you’re mixing a whole bunch of food to comfort yourself and have some enjoyment because work and responsibilities are running you ragged?
If you’re using food for comfort, consider these self reflecting questions and journal on them, ponder them. Relax in a comfy space and mull over them.
Think about the thing that is exhausting you, let’s say it’s work for example.
- Why do you do the work that you do?
- What are you missing in your work and in life? If we are eating for comfort, there is something we probably feel we are lacking in that moment that the food fills for us even temporarily.
- Can you find happiness and comfort beyond food?
Here are some ideas:
- Read a novel or a good book
- Write your thoughts and emotions in a journal.
- Take a long walk outside.
- Watch a favorite movie or television show.
- Sing and dance.
These are all examples of self care practices that will help you overcome food addiction or using food not to nourish your body but to comfort or quell an emotion. They are also ways in which you can infuse play in your day.
See below where we go into detail on this on the Raw Food Health Empowerment Podcast.
Watch the Full Episode:
Listen to the Full Episode:
💞 Join the Facebook Group for support on your wellness journey
🧘🏿 It’s not just a school. It’s a movement. Learn more about IIN.
📖 My book, You Can Afford to Be Healthy
📧 E-mail me to submit a question and get featured on the Raw Food Health Empowerment Podcast
// HOST Samantha Salmon
Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach and Ambassador of Health and Happiness
// CO-HOST Dorrell Hylton Salmon
Mom, Wife, Hair Doctor, Beauty Parlor Counselor, and Prayer Warrior
The information provided in this broadcast is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration, or the equivalent in your country. Any products/services mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
RawFoodMealPlanner.com © 2020