A raw vegan diet is comprised only of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, sprouts and seaweeds that have not been heated beyond 118 degrees farenheit. Eating more raw plant foods provides enzymes, fiber, nutrients and water content that support digestive health in various ways:
Scrubs The Colon Clean
– Raw foods are rich in water and fiber that help “scrub” the colon clean and facilitate regular bowel movements.
– The fiber feeds healthy gut bacteria while the water rinses away toxins and trash.
– This prevents buildup and the manifestations of disease over time.
– Raw foods come with their own enzymes that help digestion before reaching the stomach acids.
– More enzymes are obtained and utilized from raw foods since they aren’t cooked away.
– The body has to contribute less of its own enzymes to break down raw foods vs cooked foods and processed foods.
Relieves Common Issues
– Raw foods relieve common problems like constipation and bloating.
– Constipation is relieved due to the water and fiber content.
– Bloating is reduced because raw foods contain their own enzymes and water to facilitate digestion.
– You can gradually transition to a high raw vegan diet or try a fully raw vegan diet for 30 days. Do what works best for you.
– Focus on simple recipes like green smoothies and let your tastebuds adapt.
– Be patient and find the balance of raw foods that works for your lifestyle and health goals.
Overall, a raw vegan diet provides digestive benefits from the enzymes, fiber, nutrients and water in fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and sprouts. It relieves common issues and “scrubs” the body clean from the inside out.